Notice on a slight format change:

Except for July 2012, these are mostly a collection of current devotional notes.

July 2012 is a re-write of old quiet times. My second child was born Nov 11, 1987 with multiple birth defects. I've been re-reading my QT notes from that time in my life, and have included them here. They cover the time before the birth and the few years immediately after the birth. They are tagged "historical." I added new insights and labeled them: ((TODAY, dd mmm yy)).

Monday, October 5, 2015

QT 5 Oct 15, Isa 46:8-11, God rules even in our rebellion

Isa 46:8-11 (ESV) "Remember this and stand firm,
recall it to mind, you transgressors,
9 remember the former things of old;
for I am God, and there is no other;
I am God, and there is none like me,
10  declaring the end from the beginning
and from ancient times things not yet done,
saying, 'My counsel shall stand,
and I will accomplish all my purpose,'
11  calling a bird of prey from the east,
the man of my counsel from a far country.
 I have spoken, and I will bring it to pass;
I have purposed, and I will do it.

NOTE: My view of God's sovereignty has evolved over the years. I believe that because of the rebellion in the garden, God has for the most part given us what we wanted: life without his rule. And so we misinterpret this, and come to the conclusion that God is somehow not loving, or not powerful, or not knowledgeable as explanations for the evil in the world. We choose not to recognize that evil and death did not exist in the world God created for us, but only came into being after we rebelled against his rule in our life. Evil has become God's megaphone yelling out to us, "repent and return to me and you will experience the life I always intended." God has promised to "recreate" our planet during the millennial kingdom as he had originally intended.

But, despite the fact that life is as it is because of our rebellion, God maintains a certain amount of control. He knows the end from the beginning. And he sees a purpose. Actually, that person is  justice and his rule over our lives again. He is working in the big picture to bring the end to fruition. He does work in individual's lives but for our good (not our perceived good). But for the most part, life happens, because it is what we wanted.

No comments:

Post a Comment