Notice on a slight format change:

Except for July 2012, these are mostly a collection of current devotional notes.

July 2012 is a re-write of old quiet times. My second child was born Nov 11, 1987 with multiple birth defects. I've been re-reading my QT notes from that time in my life, and have included them here. They cover the time before the birth and the few years immediately after the birth. They are tagged "historical." I added new insights and labeled them: ((TODAY, dd mmm yy)).

Wednesday, October 28, 2015

QT 28 Oct 15, Isa 55:8-11, Why do we think we have the same mental capacity as God?

Isa 55:8-11 (ESV)
8 For my thoughts are not your thoughts,
neither are your ways my ways, declares the Lord.
9  For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
so are my ways higher than your ways
and my thoughts than your thoughts.

10  "For as the rain and the snow come down from heaven
and do not return there but water the earth,
making it bring forth and sprout,
 giving seed to the sower and bread to the eater,
11 so shall my word be that goes out from my mouth;
it shall not return to me empty,
but it shall accomplish that which I purpose,
and shall succeed in the thing for which I sent it.


NOTE: These are two separate thoughts and yet they do have a common thread. We can't expect to completely understand and know God's ways, but his word does work in our lives to change us and reveal some of his ways and thoughts. It would be ridiculous to believe a finite brain could understand an infinite brain, even at the smallest level. It really is like a two-year old comprehending quantum physics in a lecture for PhD candidates. And in that case, the brains are actually close and comparable. But we do not compare to God. We understand what he lets us understand but we would be foolish to think we could understand it all. And yet, the brilliant minds of our day, the intelligentsia and the ones who think they are brilliant (atheists) argue against God's observed ways to prove his non-existence. If God exists, we cannot completely grasp his ways and so any argument on that basis would be foolish. We are such a slow and thick-headed species. Why God are you so patient with us? Thank you that you are.

No comments:

Post a Comment