Notice on a slight format change:

Except for July 2012, these are mostly a collection of current devotional notes.

July 2012 is a re-write of old quiet times. My second child was born Nov 11, 1987 with multiple birth defects. I've been re-reading my QT notes from that time in my life, and have included them here. They cover the time before the birth and the few years immediately after the birth. They are tagged "historical." I added new insights and labeled them: ((TODAY, dd mmm yy)).

Monday, October 19, 2015

QT 19 Apr 15, Isa 51:14, It is the one who prays who is answered

Isa 51:14 (ESV) He who is bowed down shall speedily be released;
he shall not die and go down to the pit,
neither shall his bread be lacking.

NOTE: What is the point of the verse? We need to pray and we need to accept his will for our life. It will not always be as we would like and that is a difficult thing to let go. But, it will be for our good because he loves us, cares for us, and knows what is best for us.

Father I specifically thank you for two recent answers to prayer. There are some more, but you are fulfilling them and you are bringing good. My goal today is to use idle moments to continually thank you, cast my concerns upon you, and appeal to you for your intervention. Thank you -- we are so undeserving of your mercy, and of your grace.

No comments:

Post a Comment