Notice on a slight format change:

Except for July 2012, these are mostly a collection of current devotional notes.

July 2012 is a re-write of old quiet times. My second child was born Nov 11, 1987 with multiple birth defects. I've been re-reading my QT notes from that time in my life, and have included them here. They cover the time before the birth and the few years immediately after the birth. They are tagged "historical." I added new insights and labeled them: ((TODAY, dd mmm yy)).

Monday, October 26, 2015

QT 26 Oct 15, Isa 54:9-10, Just as God fulfilled his promises in Jesus' coming so will he fulfill his promises of judgment


Isa 54:9-10 (ESV)
9 "This is like the days of Noah to me:
as I swore that the waters of Noah
should no more go over the earth,
so I have sworn that I will not be angry with you,
and will not rebuke you.
10 For the mountains may depart
and the hills be removed,
but my steadfast love shall not depart from you,
and my covenant of peace shall not be removed,"
says the Lord, who has compassion on you.
 
NOTE: I believe this is in reference to the end of days, the end times, when God will pour out his judgment upon the earth for unbelief, rebellion, and sin. Finally, God will bring about the long-promised justice. His current long-suffering is mercy toward us in order that we might repent and turn back to him. But, at some point, he must exercise justice, and his standard is such that there is no person on earth who is not deserving of his wrath. For those, who have exercised belief in his Son, and repented of their rebellion and sin, God promises to protect them. Jesus has paid their price. They are not guilty any longer. No matter how bad things might get, especially for the tribulation saints, he promises that his love and peace will not leave. The time of judgment is coming. It is not a myth or a pipedream. Just as Jesus promised coming was fulfilled, so the last part of God's prophecies will also be fulfilled. The message is very clear to us, even today, repent and believe in the Lord Jesus Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment