Notice on a slight format change:

Except for July 2012, these are mostly a collection of current devotional notes.

July 2012 is a re-write of old quiet times. My second child was born Nov 11, 1987 with multiple birth defects. I've been re-reading my QT notes from that time in my life, and have included them here. They cover the time before the birth and the few years immediately after the birth. They are tagged "historical." I added new insights and labeled them: ((TODAY, dd mmm yy)).

Thursday, December 17, 2015

QT 15 Dec 15, Matt 28:19,20, The world needs to hear the message!

Matt 28:19-20 (ESV) Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,  20 teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you. And behold, I am with you always, to the end of the age."


NOTE: This was the purpose of Christmas, a message of good news that would transform people's lives. I think we forget how transforming the gospel message is. We don't have the same burden to tell others that we once had. We've forgotten that the message is powerful and life-changing and most importantly, NEEDED. The world needs to hear the message of Christmas, that God's son visited his creation to save us from our sin and rebellion. It led to the death of God's son on the cross for our sins. And it culminated on Easter morning with the resurrection. Because of what God did, we now have the assurance of life after death and freedom from the bondage to sin. This is a great message, why am I so timid sharing it with others?

No comments:

Post a Comment