Notice on a slight format change:

Except for July 2012, these are mostly a collection of current devotional notes.

July 2012 is a re-write of old quiet times. My second child was born Nov 11, 1987 with multiple birth defects. I've been re-reading my QT notes from that time in my life, and have included them here. They cover the time before the birth and the few years immediately after the birth. They are tagged "historical." I added new insights and labeled them: ((TODAY, dd mmm yy)).

Monday, December 28, 2015

QT 28 Dec 15, Gal 2:20-21, Undeserved

Gal 2:20-21 (ESV) I have been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me. And the life I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me. 21 I do not nullify the grace of God, for if justification were through the law, then Christ died for no purpose.

NOTE: This is one of the first verses I ever memorized. Over the years God has used it in a number of ways in my life. One particular thought is that he loved "ME" and gave himself for "ME." That is how much God loved "ME," and that amazes me and humbles me, because "me" does not deserve such attention. Another thought is the reminder that he lives "IN" me. My body is the temple of the Holy Spirit (Corinthians tells me), and yet what do I do with my body? I am so unworthy and such an unclean vessel. I fail so often and yet, he loves me and chooses to live in me. Verse 21 reminds me that I could not earn it (his love or my salvation) anyway. Christ died for a purpose, to redeem a person horribly cosigned to failure. We are weak and cannot save ourselves. We fail, but Jesus died for that very purpose--to save wretched creature and to give them the experience of redeeming love. Thank you Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment