Notice on a slight format change:

Except for July 2012, these are mostly a collection of current devotional notes.

July 2012 is a re-write of old quiet times. My second child was born Nov 11, 1987 with multiple birth defects. I've been re-reading my QT notes from that time in my life, and have included them here. They cover the time before the birth and the few years immediately after the birth. They are tagged "historical." I added new insights and labeled them: ((TODAY, dd mmm yy)).

Saturday, August 12, 2017

QT 12 Aug 17, My Favorite Songs

I started to write down my three favorite songs, and then I found and remembered more.

You Are My Hiding Place - I am weak and I fail God, but I just need to trust him. He will protect me and take care of me.

In His Time - when my son was born, I held onto the truths of this son that God makes all things beautiful in his time. I couldn't see it, but I believed it. And he has made all things beautiful.

I Can Only Imagine - This describes my joy about heaven. Surrounded by his glory will be so overwhelming. I think I will fall on my knees and cry -- I won't be able to speak. And then maybe I will dance for Jesus, because I really never dance here on earth.

I Want To Be Where You Are  - Some of these songs remind me of different times in my life, but this is my desire, to be in God's presence.

You Are My All in All - This goes back to a men's movement, promise-keepers, and represents my heart's desire. God is the treasure that I seek. To give up, I'd be a fool. He took my sin and my shame. When I fall down, he continues to pick me up. Jesus, worthy is your name.

In Moments Like These - Such a quiet and peaceful song, that expresses our hearts. Usually I don't like to sing "I love thee Lord" because my love is so shallow compared to God's love. He truly loves me. I love him in a much weaker way. And so, sometimes I don't like to say those words. But this song is quiet and right.

Breathe - I want my daily bread to be God's word. I want the air I breath to be his presence. I am so desperate for God. And I would be so loss without God.

Oceans - I think I have walked through some deep waters in my life, so I can feel the struggle in this song. And I want to always to live in God's embrace when the waves attack.

Revelation Song - A very powerful song that brings me to tears. My savior, the lamb of God, is so worthy. God is so worthy. Such a beautiful praise song.


There are other older songs like How Great Thou Art; Be Still My Soul; Amazing Grace; Be Still My Soul; and others. I feel like I just had a worship service thinking through, listening, and singing all these songs. Thank you God for your presence today.

No comments:

Post a Comment