Notice on a slight format change:

Except for July 2012, these are mostly a collection of current devotional notes.

July 2012 is a re-write of old quiet times. My second child was born Nov 11, 1987 with multiple birth defects. I've been re-reading my QT notes from that time in my life, and have included them here. They cover the time before the birth and the few years immediately after the birth. They are tagged "historical." I added new insights and labeled them: ((TODAY, dd mmm yy)).

Wednesday, August 2, 2017

QT 2 Aug 17, Ps 51:7-12, Someday this battle with sin will end

Psalm 51:7–12 (ESV) —
7 Purge me with hyssop, and I shall be clean;
wash me, and I shall be whiter than snow.
8 Let me hear joy and gladness;
let the bones that you have broken rejoice.
9 Hide your face from my sins,
and blot out all my iniquities.
10 Create in me a clean heart, O God,
and renew a right spirit within me.
11 Cast me not away from your presence,
and take not your Holy Spirit from me.
12 Restore to me the joy of your salvation,
and uphold me with a willing spirit.

NOTE: The reality of sin is that it is painful. It might feel good for a moment, but deep down, it tears apart our soul. We hurt. We feel the shame. No matter how much we have hardened our heart, our spirit cannot deny the cry of pain. We know it is wrong. And that is why forgiveness, cleansing, the washing of our soul, feels so good. We want to remove the stain and pain. We desire so much for a clean heart and a right spirit. We need God's presence. We so desire to live in the joy of our salvation, and even though our sins cannot remove the promise, the joy can disappear in a life of sin. I understand David's heart in this Psalm. I have felt it as have many others. The joy of holiness is only glimpsed in this life. Someday we will have new bodies, unstained by sin, and we will truly realize the joy of our salvation. How I look forward to that day.

No comments:

Post a Comment