Notice on a slight format change:

Except for July 2012, these are mostly a collection of current devotional notes.

July 2012 is a re-write of old quiet times. My second child was born Nov 11, 1987 with multiple birth defects. I've been re-reading my QT notes from that time in my life, and have included them here. They cover the time before the birth and the few years immediately after the birth. They are tagged "historical." I added new insights and labeled them: ((TODAY, dd mmm yy)).

Monday, August 14, 2017

QT 14 Aug 17, Ps 141:1-2, He knows us completely

Psalm 141:1–2 (ESV) —
1 O Lord, I call upon you; hasten to me!
Give ear to my voice when I call to you!
2 Let my prayer be counted as incense before you,
and the lifting up of my hands as the evening sacrifice!

NOTE: I'm not sure if this is the supporting verse or if there are others in the OT, but the idea of incense symbolizing prayer is also found in Revelation. We tend to think of incense as a pleasant aroma. There are a number of things that are a pleasant aroma of God. While I don't have the verse at my fingertip, I believe how we live our life is a pleasant aroma to God. And this verse tells us that our prayers are a pleasant aroma to God. We tend to focus on what we get out of prayer, that is answers to our requests. To God, prayer is an essential aspect of our relationship, something God desires greatly. And, it is pleasant aroma. It is pleasing to the Father. God desires for us to pray, to open up, to share our struggles and disappointments and fears. He knows us. He wants us to be completely honest -- it makes no sense to do otherwise. God is one person we can reveal the worst of our character, since he won't be shocked as he already know us completely. Father, thank you that I don't need to hide anything from you. You love me despite knowing me completely already. I feel so unworthy of that great love.

No comments:

Post a Comment