Notice on a slight format change:

Except for July 2012, these are mostly a collection of current devotional notes.

July 2012 is a re-write of old quiet times. My second child was born Nov 11, 1987 with multiple birth defects. I've been re-reading my QT notes from that time in my life, and have included them here. They cover the time before the birth and the few years immediately after the birth. They are tagged "historical." I added new insights and labeled them: ((TODAY, dd mmm yy)).

Wednesday, October 11, 2017

QT 11 Oct 17, Ps 119:2, I am thankful to be blessed with opportunities to minister

Wk
Date
Passage
Key Verses(s) [Optional]
Basic Thing(s) Taught
Personal Insight(s) & Application(s)
Prayer Response
6
 10/11
Ps 119:1-8
Psalm 119:2 (ESV) —
2 Blessed are those who keep his testimonies,
who seek him with their whole heart,
There is a blessing to those who keep, obey, the word of God. And by obeying, it is not a rote sense, but rather a heart-felt desire.
The blessing does not mean physical, although in the OT, the covenant was a physical blessing-dominated covenant. The blessing can come many ways. It can come in service. It can come through relationships with people. It can come through our relationship with God. It can come through our emotional framework and the peace we experience in life. How has God blessed me?
Father, you have blessed me by allowing me to serve you. You have put me in multiple opportunities to live for you and to minister to others. I do not deserve such blessings. I do not deserve such honor. Forgive me for not being thankful enough or worse, thinking I earned something. Forgive me and thank you for the blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment