Notice on a slight format change:

Except for July 2012, these are mostly a collection of current devotional notes.

July 2012 is a re-write of old quiet times. My second child was born Nov 11, 1987 with multiple birth defects. I've been re-reading my QT notes from that time in my life, and have included them here. They cover the time before the birth and the few years immediately after the birth. They are tagged "historical." I added new insights and labeled them: ((TODAY, dd mmm yy)).

Monday, October 2, 2017

QT 2 Oct 17, Phil 3:19-21, We are called to live for eternity not for this world

Wk
Date
Passage
Key Verses(s) [Optional]
Basic Thing(s) Taught
Personal Insight(s) & Application(s)
Prayer Response
5
 10/2
Phil 3:8-21
Philippians 3:19–21 (ESV) —
19 Their end is destruction, their god is their belly, and they glory in their shame, with minds set on earthly things. 20 But our citizenship is in heaven, and from it we await a Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ, 21 who will transform our lowly body to be like his glorious body, by the power that enables him even to subject all things to himself.
Paul, in the earlier verse says these verses with tears. It hurts that people have bought a lie and that they live as enemies of the cross. They live for the wrong things. But we have a totally different hope. Someday our weak bodies will be transformed to be like his glorious body. We are new creatures now by our faith. We will have new bodies as well when he appears.
I don't know if I focus enough on my future or on how my actions in this life may influence my future. I know that there is nothing I can do to work or gain my salvation. It (salvation) is bought and paid for by Jesus, but I can work to earn crowns that signify how thankful I am for the new life I live in Christ. If I really believe these words, what am I doing to gain crowns for the kingdom?
Father, help me to see the opportunities that you provide for me to serve you. Help me to be faithful to those opportunities. Today, I pray that I will finish a letter to Brian to help him start his discipleship ministry in his church.

No comments:

Post a Comment