Notice on a slight format change:

Except for July 2012, these are mostly a collection of current devotional notes.

July 2012 is a re-write of old quiet times. My second child was born Nov 11, 1987 with multiple birth defects. I've been re-reading my QT notes from that time in my life, and have included them here. They cover the time before the birth and the few years immediately after the birth. They are tagged "historical." I added new insights and labeled them: ((TODAY, dd mmm yy)).

Wednesday, October 18, 2017

QT 16 Oct 17, Ps 119:18-19, We are sojourners in His creation

Wk
Date
Passage
Key Verses(s) [Optional]
Basic Thing(s) Taught
Personal Insight(s) & Application(s)
Prayer Response
6
 10/16
Ps 119:17-24
Open my eyes, that I may behold wondrous things out of your law. I am a sojourner on the earth; hide not your commandments from me!
Psalms 119:18-19 ESV
I truly am a sojourner. As the old song says, "this world is not my home, I am just a passin through, my treasure is laid up, somewhere beyond the blue."
I need God's word, more than I reaize and more than I live. It is the answer for a sojourner. Travelers from foreign lands don't know the customs, the foods, the rules, or anyone to help them. That is us on this earth. God designed us to live here, but only under certain parameters. When we step out of those parameters, his commands, we risk our well-being.
Father, open my eyes, but have mercy on me as well. I want to understand your world, but the part of me that lacks courage prefers the easy way. I pray that the things I teach will be honoring to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment