Notice on a slight format change:

Except for July 2012, these are mostly a collection of current devotional notes.

July 2012 is a re-write of old quiet times. My second child was born Nov 11, 1987 with multiple birth defects. I've been re-reading my QT notes from that time in my life, and have included them here. They cover the time before the birth and the few years immediately after the birth. They are tagged "historical." I added new insights and labeled them: ((TODAY, dd mmm yy)).

Monday, September 10, 2018

QT 10 Sep 18, Ps 138: 7-8, God holds my future in his hands (and that is good news)


Psalm 138:7–8 (ESV) —
7 Though I walk in the midst of trouble,
you preserve my life;
you stretch out your hand against the wrath of my enemies,
and your right hand delivers me.
8 The Lord will fulfill his purpose for me;
your steadfast love, O Lord, endures forever.
Do not forsake the work of your hands.
To the choirmaster. A Psalm of David.

NOTE: As I wrote earlier, I willingly wait. I wait because I know that God will fulfill his purpose for my life. I don't know the paths that may take. I don't know what each year holds. I don't know what my secular job will be. I don't know the people whose path I will cross. I don't know the people I will minister, teach, and comfort. I do know that the Lord will fulfill his purpose for me.

PRAYER: Father, I await word on my next venture. You know it. I wait to hear of it. You will do what you desire for my life and for your glory. Have mercy on me a sinner. May I glorify you in all I do and say.

No comments:

Post a Comment