Notice on a slight format change:

Except for July 2012, these are mostly a collection of current devotional notes.

July 2012 is a re-write of old quiet times. My second child was born Nov 11, 1987 with multiple birth defects. I've been re-reading my QT notes from that time in my life, and have included them here. They cover the time before the birth and the few years immediately after the birth. They are tagged "historical." I added new insights and labeled them: ((TODAY, dd mmm yy)).

Sunday, September 23, 2018

QT 23 Sep 18, 1 Cor 1:29-31, God is against the proud


1 Corinthians 1:29–31 (ESV) — 29 so that no human being might boast in the presence of God. 30 And because of him you are in Christ Jesus, who became to us wisdom from God, righteousness and sanctification and redemption, 31 so that, as it is written, “Let the one who boasts, boast in the Lord.”

NOTE: Over and over again, it is clear, God hates pride. He hates boasting. And he is choosing to save those who do not boast about themselves. We all struggle with pride. If humility was a requirement, no one would be saved. But there are people, whose narcissistic pride oozes out of their life. They are also the ones who defy God to prove them wrong, as if somehow their thinking ability can even be measured with God's. The smartest of us would not even register on God's scale. I think we might realize that, so the easier thing is to deny his existence. But what does that do? Denying God or denying what is true, is a foolish exercise.

PRAYER: Father, protect me from my pride. Continue to give me opportunities to see my foolishness. I do not need to tell of my accomplishments. It is not important. I just need to serve others.

No comments:

Post a Comment