Notice on a slight format change:

Except for July 2012, these are mostly a collection of current devotional notes.

July 2012 is a re-write of old quiet times. My second child was born Nov 11, 1987 with multiple birth defects. I've been re-reading my QT notes from that time in my life, and have included them here. They cover the time before the birth and the few years immediately after the birth. They are tagged "historical." I added new insights and labeled them: ((TODAY, dd mmm yy)).

Thursday, September 20, 2018

QT 20 Sep 18, 1 Cor 1:21, God hates pride; God works against the proud


1 Corinthians 1:21 (ESV) — For since, in the wisdom of God, the world did not know God through wisdom, it pleased God through the folly of what we preach to save those who believe.

NOTE: God specifically addresses a class of people we would call the proud and arrogant. These are the people who think they have discovered all the answers. I think Job showed signs of entering this class of "elites," but repented of it after being questioned by God. I think the reason God hates pride so much is that it is the sin that partially destroyed the angelic kingdom. And, it is probably what drives Satan today -- this feeling that he is superior to God in some way and that he knows how to win this battle. In the end, God will disprove the wisdom of the world. I feel for all the people who are led astray by their wisdom. Our intellect is so small as compared to God. We are so foolish.

PRAYER: Father, forgive me again for my pride. Help me to see it today. Help me to let go of it. Help me to give others their place and not worry about my place.

No comments:

Post a Comment