Notice on a slight format change:

Except for July 2012, these are mostly a collection of current devotional notes.

July 2012 is a re-write of old quiet times. My second child was born Nov 11, 1987 with multiple birth defects. I've been re-reading my QT notes from that time in my life, and have included them here. They cover the time before the birth and the few years immediately after the birth. They are tagged "historical." I added new insights and labeled them: ((TODAY, dd mmm yy)).

Friday, September 28, 2018

QT 28 Sep 18, 1 Cor 4:9, God's "greats" are men of humility


1 Corinthians 4:9 (ESV) — For I think that God has exhibited us apostles as last of all, like men sentenced to death, because we have become a spectacle to the world, to angels, and to men.

NOTE: What a contrast! The pride of the Corinthians and the humility of the Apostles. God will exalt the humble and will bring down the proud. Who do you want to mimic, the apostles or the carnal Christians exhibited by many of the Corinthians? When we stop and calmly consider our behavior, we--well I realize how ugly my pride really is. It is sad to think that I need to build myself up. I don't. Because, what does it really matter? Is my goal to please others (really myself) or do I seek to please God?

PRAYER: Lord, I want to please you. I don't want to build myself up in the front of others. I want to be a humble servant.

No comments:

Post a Comment