Notice on a slight format change:

Except for July 2012, these are mostly a collection of current devotional notes.

July 2012 is a re-write of old quiet times. My second child was born Nov 11, 1987 with multiple birth defects. I've been re-reading my QT notes from that time in my life, and have included them here. They cover the time before the birth and the few years immediately after the birth. They are tagged "historical." I added new insights and labeled them: ((TODAY, dd mmm yy)).

Thursday, September 27, 2018

QT 27 Sep 18, 1 Cor 4:7, God will do what he needs to do


1 Corinthians 4:7 (ESV) — For who sees anything different in you? What do you have that you did not receive? If then you received it, why do you boast as if you did not receive it?

NOTE: I have been immeasurably blessed by God. I am where I never could have guessed I could be. I'm doing things I would not have thought possible. My life is multiplied into many others. And when I think back to the person I was before Christ, I know for a fact, that person could not have come this far. It was God who changed me and blessed me. That is who I am. And that is who I will be in the future. I don't know what the future holds. But I do know, I must serve God and not jockey for position and influence. I need to put all that behind. I just need to serve. It is not the wisdom that the world would argue for me, but it is what God wants me to do.

PRAYER: Father, I'm excited to wait upon you. I'm excited to serve. Protect me from myself. Give me grace to live as you command me to live.

No comments:

Post a Comment