Notice on a slight format change:

Except for July 2012, these are mostly a collection of current devotional notes.

July 2012 is a re-write of old quiet times. My second child was born Nov 11, 1987 with multiple birth defects. I've been re-reading my QT notes from that time in my life, and have included them here. They cover the time before the birth and the few years immediately after the birth. They are tagged "historical." I added new insights and labeled them: ((TODAY, dd mmm yy)).

Monday, October 15, 2018

QT 15 Oct 18, I Cor 8:8,13, Is it really that important?


1 Corinthians 8:8, 13 (ESV) — 8 Food will not commend us to God. We are no worse off if we do not eat, and no better off if we do. … 13 Therefore, if food makes my brother stumble, I will never eat meat, lest I make my brother stumble.

NOTE: We are free, but our freedom can hurt others. Therefore, the overriding interest is not our rights or our freedom, but the other's rights and his freedom (or lack thereof). This calls for an unselfish attitude. Rather than defending myself, especially when I'm right, I may need to give it up. Is it really that big of a deal? Must I always defend inconsequential things? What does it really matter? Paul at the beginning of the book say that he really doesn't care who judges him, it is God's judgment that he cares about. I need to be less prickly and more cuddly.

PRAYER: Father, free us from our pride that is always looking to exalt self. Forgive us. Forgive me for the stupid things that I let bother me.

No comments:

Post a Comment