Notice on a slight format change:

Except for July 2012, these are mostly a collection of current devotional notes.

July 2012 is a re-write of old quiet times. My second child was born Nov 11, 1987 with multiple birth defects. I've been re-reading my QT notes from that time in my life, and have included them here. They cover the time before the birth and the few years immediately after the birth. They are tagged "historical." I added new insights and labeled them: ((TODAY, dd mmm yy)).

Tuesday, October 23, 2018

QT 23 Oct 18, 1 Cor 1:11, What are we really living for?


1 Corinthians 11:1 (ESV) — Be imitators of me, as I am of Christ.

NOTE: We all should be saying the same thing. No, it does not mean we are perfect. But it does mean that we are fully sold out on knowing Christ, living like Christ, and telling others of Christ. Paul and others lived a life of sacrificial love. They truly put Christ first in all that they did. Those are examples we can live and we should live. It is true that we live in a narcissist society, dripping with self-love, and me-first attitudes, but that only means that a life lived for God and others should stand out even more.

PRAYER: Father, forgive me for allowing the things of the world to deflect my eyes from you. Give me a love for people. Help me to see people as my mission, not my own betterment. Help me to love and care for them as I should. Have mercy on me.

No comments:

Post a Comment