Notice on a slight format change:

Except for July 2012, these are mostly a collection of current devotional notes.

July 2012 is a re-write of old quiet times. My second child was born Nov 11, 1987 with multiple birth defects. I've been re-reading my QT notes from that time in my life, and have included them here. They cover the time before the birth and the few years immediately after the birth. They are tagged "historical." I added new insights and labeled them: ((TODAY, dd mmm yy)).

Monday, October 22, 2018

QT 22 Oct 18, 1 Cor 10:21, We cannot have two maste


1 Corinthians 10:21 (ESV) — You cannot drink the cup of the Lord and the cup of demons. You cannot partake of the table of the Lord and the table of demons.

NOTE: You cannot play the game on both sides. Jesus said something that is quite similar, you cannot serve God and mammon (money). Who is going to be your Lord and Master? You cannot serve God and self. We need to surrender ourselves to the Lord and do what he asks us to do, not what is comfortable for us to do. We need to sacrifice for others. We need to lay down our lives, because that is the example that Jesus gave us. It is now wonder we have little impact in the world when we live two different lives, a secular life during the week, and a spiritual life during church. It is wrong. We need to be one person, fully committed to one set of ideals.

PRAYER: Father, forgive me for trying to live two lives. I am your servant and you own me. I must not shrink back in my love and devotion and words. But I must also do it in gentleness. Let me see opportunities today to live that one life.

No comments:

Post a Comment