Notice on a slight format change:

Except for July 2012, these are mostly a collection of current devotional notes.

July 2012 is a re-write of old quiet times. My second child was born Nov 11, 1987 with multiple birth defects. I've been re-reading my QT notes from that time in my life, and have included them here. They cover the time before the birth and the few years immediately after the birth. They are tagged "historical." I added new insights and labeled them: ((TODAY, dd mmm yy)).

Thursday, October 11, 2018

QT 9 Oct 18, 1 Cor 7:17, What is my lot?


1 Corinthians 7:17 (ESV) — Only let each person lead the life that the Lord has assigned to him, and to which God has called him. This is my rule in all the churches.

NOTE: I think we all want something another has attained. It is covetous and also discontentment. There is nothing wrong for wanting to achieve a dream, but not everyone's dream is the same. It is a very good thing in God's eyes to lead a godly life, to love your wife, to raise up your children, to serve people (in the community and church), to give freely, and to do have done what God called you to do. Or said more simple, love God and love your neighbor. There is no shame in leading the life the Lord has assigned. Of course, the question then becomes, "how do I know?" I think we know deep down in our hearts, but we don't want to face the fact because our flesh wants something else. Not a very good answer, but it is my answer after 40 plus years of walking with God.

PRAYER: Lord, speak to our hearts. Show us the lot assigned to us. Give us contentment in doing your will in our lives

No comments:

Post a Comment