Notice on a slight format change:

Except for July 2012, these are mostly a collection of current devotional notes.

July 2012 is a re-write of old quiet times. My second child was born Nov 11, 1987 with multiple birth defects. I've been re-reading my QT notes from that time in my life, and have included them here. They cover the time before the birth and the few years immediately after the birth. They are tagged "historical." I added new insights and labeled them: ((TODAY, dd mmm yy)).

Wednesday, February 20, 2019

QT 20 Feb 19, James 4:15-16, We are blind to many of our own faults


James 4:15–16 (ESV) — 15 Instead you ought to say, “If the Lord wills, we will live and do this or that.” 16 As it is, you boast in your arrogance. All such boasting is evil.

NOTE: This requires a seriously difficult attitude change. There is a difference between confidence and cockiness. There is a difference between trust and feeling one deserves something. But the differences are not always that easy to discern in one's life. What seems obvious to an outsider is not so obvious to the individual. Clearly God is against this arrogant boastful behavior. So what do we do if we can't even see it in ourselves? There are two courses of action. One, we need to ask others and be willing to accept hard words. Two, we need to pray and ask God to reveal these areas of sin.

PRAYER: Father, I know I sin in ways that I am not aware. Open my eyes to my shortcomings. Open my eyes to my sin. Open my eyes to my ugliness. Help me to see, and then help me to repent, and then help me to change.

No comments:

Post a Comment