Notice on a slight format change:

Except for July 2012, these are mostly a collection of current devotional notes.

July 2012 is a re-write of old quiet times. My second child was born Nov 11, 1987 with multiple birth defects. I've been re-reading my QT notes from that time in my life, and have included them here. They cover the time before the birth and the few years immediately after the birth. They are tagged "historical." I added new insights and labeled them: ((TODAY, dd mmm yy)).

Tuesday, February 26, 2019

QT 26 Feb 19, James 5:19-20, We need to step out of our comfort zones to gently engage others


James 5:19–20 (ESV) — 19 My brothers, if anyone among you wanders from the truth and someone brings him back, 20 let him know that whoever brings back a sinner from his wandering will save his soul from death and will cover a multitude of sins.

NOTE: The death here refers to the physical body and not to the eternal. While all of our sins are paid for, the effect of sins continues while a person is engaged in a sin and afterwards as well. Helping a person recover saves that person from a multitude of problems from the sin and additional sins which occur as a result of the sin. It does not remove all effects or cover all the sins. We need to be on the lookout for those who struggle with sin. We need to try and approach and show kindness to the person. I saw an individual I knew the other day and he did not look good. I know now that he is dealing with a lot of problems and probably sin as well. I tried to get his attention by waving but he did not seem to see me or heed me. I did not know at that time all the issues. I need to look for those opportunities and not pass them up. The prompting of my spirit was probably the Holy Spirit trying to get my attention. I need to be more engaged during those moments.

PRAYER: Father, forgive me for focusing on my things and my doings and not allowing the Holy Spirit to interrupt my plans for another person. Help me to make the effort to pull away from my own pursuits to meet the needs of others. I pray for another opportunity and the boldness to take advantage of that opportunity.

No comments:

Post a Comment