Notice on a slight format change:

Except for July 2012, these are mostly a collection of current devotional notes.

July 2012 is a re-write of old quiet times. My second child was born Nov 11, 1987 with multiple birth defects. I've been re-reading my QT notes from that time in my life, and have included them here. They cover the time before the birth and the few years immediately after the birth. They are tagged "historical." I added new insights and labeled them: ((TODAY, dd mmm yy)).

Friday, November 3, 2023

QT 11/3/2023 Mark 4:10-12, Things are changing, and are we ready?

Mark 4:10–12 (ESV) —

10 And when he was alone, those around him with the twelve asked him about the parables. 11 And he said to them, “To you has been given the secret of the kingdom of God, but for those outside everything is in parables, 12 so that

“ ‘they may indeed see but not perceive,

and may indeed hear but not understand,

lest they should turn and be forgiven.’ ”

 

NOTE: Some have suggested that the use of parables increased or became predominant after the rejection by the religious leaders of the messianic miracles. Phrases like "this generation," and the need for faith to heal, and the telling of parables all start to characterize Jesus' ministry. The rejection of Jesus as the messiah ultimately causes God to put his plan for Israel on hold. Individuals could still come to saving faith, but the nation has been put on hold -- in essence, the 70th week was delayed, and the church age (a mystery in the OT) begins. I wonder if that 70th week is coming soon. Recent events in the Middle East suggest that some type of larger peace treaty will be required to prevent world war three from happening. If that is the case, the rapture is even sooner.

 

PONDER:

  1. What am I doing now that would need to change if I knew the rapture was very close? Hopefully, the answer is nothing different than what I am already doing

 

PRAYER: Father, I pray I would use my days wisely. I pray for you to provide for all of my needs, and that I would continue to minister to people until the end of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment