Notice on a slight format change:

Except for July 2012, these are mostly a collection of current devotional notes.

July 2012 is a re-write of old quiet times. My second child was born Nov 11, 1987 with multiple birth defects. I've been re-reading my QT notes from that time in my life, and have included them here. They cover the time before the birth and the few years immediately after the birth. They are tagged "historical." I added new insights and labeled them: ((TODAY, dd mmm yy)).

Tuesday, November 7, 2023

QT 11/7/2023 Mark 4:21-25, Being faithful with what God gives

Mark 4:21–25 (ESV) —

21 And he said to them, “Is a lamp brought in to be put under a basket, or under a bed, and not on a stand? 22 For nothing is hidden except to be made manifest; nor is anything secret except to come to light. 23 If anyone has ears to hear, let him hear.” 24 And he said to them, “Pay attention to what you hear: with the measure you use, it will be measured to you, and still more will be added to you. 25 For to the one who has, more will be given, and from the one who has not, even what he has will be taken away.”

 

NOTE: I think this passage shares three similar thoughts. First, God is expecting us to stand up, stand out, and show the world what he has done in our life. We are not to hide away. Life was not given to be hidden. Second, as you exercise responsibility to stand up, identify with Jesus, and use your gifts, God will give you even more opportunities. Third, if you hide away, don't use the opportunities, or don’t use gifts God has given you, God will not use you, even taking away what he has previously given you.

 

If you will not serve God, he will find another. And then the question becomes, what are you doing if not serving?

 

PONDER:

  1. Am I using what God has given to make his name known?

 

PRAYER: Father, help me to be faithful to you in all that I do. I don't to waste the resources and gifts that you have given to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment