Hebrews 12:12–13 (ESV) —
12 Therefore lift your drooping hands and strengthen your weak knees, 13 and make straight paths for your feet, so that what is lame may not be put out of joint but rather be healed.
NOTE: As I read verses 12-13, I'm challenged with the thought, "it doesn't have to be that way," In other words, we can take the circuitous path, not listening to God, and find ourselves almost immobilized by the effort--physically, spiritually, and emotionally. Or we can take a straight path that brings healing to our soul. I am not suggesting a "health and wealth" gospel approach, but rather an approach that starts each day in the word of God and prayer. An approach that takes the things God is revealing and applies them practically to our life, slowing changing us from one degree of glory to another into the likeness of Jesus. There is peace, wholeness, and joy in this approach. Life will still throw curve balls. We will still face persecution. But while happiness depends on right happenings, joy depends only on connection to the vine, Jesus, and that starts with a daily abiding in the word of God.
PONDER:
- Am I still striving to fit my will into God's will?
- Am I willing to pursue God first and foremost, and see him meet my needs?
PRAYER: Father, I know I need to be obedient. I need to be listening to your word. I've read the bible more than a dozen times, studied all but a handful of the bible books, memorized 1000's of verses, and yet each day in the word is like a new meal, cooked by a master chef for me to enjoy. Father, we can never be too much in your word.
No comments:
Post a Comment