Notice on a slight format change:

Except for July 2012, these are mostly a collection of current devotional notes.

July 2012 is a re-write of old quiet times. My second child was born Nov 11, 1987 with multiple birth defects. I've been re-reading my QT notes from that time in my life, and have included them here. They cover the time before the birth and the few years immediately after the birth. They are tagged "historical." I added new insights and labeled them: ((TODAY, dd mmm yy)).

Monday, December 11, 2017

QT 11 Dec 17, Prov 3:5-6, The key to walking God's paths

Wk
Date
Passage
Key Verses(s) [Optional]
Basic Thing(s) Taught
Personal Insight(s) & Application(s)
Prayer Response
11
 12/11
Prov 3:1-8
Proverbs 3:5–6 (ESV) — 5 Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding.
6 In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make straight your paths.
This passage is full of reasons to pay attention to God's word. I wonder at times if it corresponds to the Old Covenant or is a general principle for life. In the latter it would mean that in general, God will take care of those who acknowledge him. Rom 8:28 says a similar thing except that it says that God works for the good of those who love him.
The word is the key to living a fruitful life. By fruitful, I do not mean it in a materialistic sense but rather with the idea that God can use and bless your life. I want to be about God's business. I want to live my life according to God's word. I want to trust in him and not my own understanding.
God help me to stay close to your word. Help me to always give it attention day and night. Help me to be faithful and to live my life according to your principles.

No comments:

Post a Comment