Notice on a slight format change:

Except for July 2012, these are mostly a collection of current devotional notes.

July 2012 is a re-write of old quiet times. My second child was born Nov 11, 1987 with multiple birth defects. I've been re-reading my QT notes from that time in my life, and have included them here. They cover the time before the birth and the few years immediately after the birth. They are tagged "historical." I added new insights and labeled them: ((TODAY, dd mmm yy)).

Thursday, December 14, 2017

QT 14 Dec 17, Phil 1:5-6, Our commitment to the gospel is a measure of spiritual maturity

Wk
Date
Passage
Key Verses(s) [Optional]
Basic Thing(s) Taught
Personal Insight(s) & Application(s)
Prayer Response
12
 12/14
Phil 1:3-11 (key:9-10)
Philippians 1:5–6 (ESV) —
5 because of your partnership in the gospel from the first day until now. 6 And I am sure of this, that he who began a good work in you will bring it to completion at the day of Jesus Christ.
Paul was genuinely enthused by the Philippians. From the first day, when Lydia opened her house to him, through the years of ministry in which they repeatedly sent gifts, to now, the latest gift to arrive with Epaphroditus to Rome for him. He was deeply touched by their love.
Their use of their money and their commitment to the gospel is what affirmed to Paul that God was working in their lives, and he would bring that work to completion. They were part of completing God's will on earth. I want my life to be part of God's grand plan. I want to make an impact on many generations for his names sake.
Father, use me in this world for your name's sake. Give me a life that draws people to the savior. May I live never to bring dishonor to your name.

No comments:

Post a Comment