Notice on a slight format change:

Except for July 2012, these are mostly a collection of current devotional notes.

July 2012 is a re-write of old quiet times. My second child was born Nov 11, 1987 with multiple birth defects. I've been re-reading my QT notes from that time in my life, and have included them here. They cover the time before the birth and the few years immediately after the birth. They are tagged "historical." I added new insights and labeled them: ((TODAY, dd mmm yy)).

Wednesday, December 13, 2017

QT 13 Dec 2017, Job 28:28, The Fear of the Lord is Wisdom

Wk
Date
Passage
Key Verses(s) [Optional]
Basic Thing(s) Taught
Personal Insight(s) & Application(s)
Prayer Response
12
 12/13
Job 28:20-28 (key:28)
Job 28:28 (ESV) —
28 And he said to man, ‘Behold, the fear of the Lord, that is wisdom, and to turn away from evil is understanding.’ ”
In the preceding verses, it is clear that wisdom is not easily found. One can search the whole earth for wisdom. But God answers the search with a very clear cut answer. Wisdom is to fear God, and to turn away from evil.
We don't really seem to believe this truth of scripture. We seek for wisdom in all the wrong places. True wisdom is obedience to the word of God. Do I really believe this? Do my actions show that I believe this?
Lord, help me to be obedient to your word. Help me to see where I am not obedient? Be gentle, I pray.

No comments:

Post a Comment