Notice on a slight format change:

Except for July 2012, these are mostly a collection of current devotional notes.

July 2012 is a re-write of old quiet times. My second child was born Nov 11, 1987 with multiple birth defects. I've been re-reading my QT notes from that time in my life, and have included them here. They cover the time before the birth and the few years immediately after the birth. They are tagged "historical." I added new insights and labeled them: ((TODAY, dd mmm yy)).

Monday, December 18, 2017

QT 18 Dec 17, Col 1:6c-7, Seeing ministry multiple is a unique joy

12
 12/18
Col 1:3-14 (key:9-10)
Colossians 1:6c–7 (ESV) — 6c …  since the day you heard it and understood the grace of God in truth, 7 just as you learned it from Epaphras our beloved fellow servant. He is a faithful minister of Christ on your behalf
It is interesting to see Paul's excitement about a church he never visited. Apparently Epaphras shared his faith there and there was a response to the message. Paul is overjoyed and continues to thank God for their faith.
It is exciting to see our children in the faith take the gospel to others. The only greater joy is leading a person to the savior. The second greatest joy is seeing a child in the faith lead another to faith in Christ. That is the goal of the discipleship triads and quads -- seeing the gospel replicated. It is not just growing in our relationship with God, but it is making an impact on others.
Father, give me a strong witness among those I live and work around. I pray they would see the impact of Jesus Christ in my life. I pray they would be intrigued enough to question my faith.

No comments:

Post a Comment