Notice on a slight format change:

Except for July 2012, these are mostly a collection of current devotional notes.

July 2012 is a re-write of old quiet times. My second child was born Nov 11, 1987 with multiple birth defects. I've been re-reading my QT notes from that time in my life, and have included them here. They cover the time before the birth and the few years immediately after the birth. They are tagged "historical." I added new insights and labeled them: ((TODAY, dd mmm yy)).

Thursday, December 28, 2017

QT 28 Dec 14, Rom 12:1, Do we really appreciate all that has been done for us in securing salvation?

Wk
Date
Passage
Key Verses(s) [Optional]
Basic Thing(s) Taught
Personal Insight(s) & Application(s)
Prayer Response
13
 12/28
Rom 12:1-2
Romans 12:1 (ESV) —
1 I appeal to you therefore, brothers, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and acceptable to God, which is your spiritual worship.
Paul appeals (or in other versions, beseeches) us on the basis of all God has done for us with our salvation to give our very life as a sacrifice to God. Not in the sense of physical death, but death from worldly things. It is not a command, but an appeal, on the basis of logic. How can we respond in any other way for all God has done for us.
How much do I value my salvation? Do I take it for granted? Do I treat it with the knowledge of all that has been done to secure my position in God's family. We are not all God's children. You have to be adopted into God's family to be his child. We may not like hearing that, but it is the truth of scripture.
God, thank you so much for your salvation. I do appreciate, more than I will ever be able to express my gratitude for all that you have done in my life. I know I am undeserving. I can't imagine the price that was paid for my sin. I pray my actions would not suggest a flippancy in regard to what you have done for me. Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment