Notice on a slight format change:

Except for July 2012, these are mostly a collection of current devotional notes.

July 2012 is a re-write of old quiet times. My second child was born Nov 11, 1987 with multiple birth defects. I've been re-reading my QT notes from that time in my life, and have included them here. They cover the time before the birth and the few years immediately after the birth. They are tagged "historical." I added new insights and labeled them: ((TODAY, dd mmm yy)).

Thursday, January 11, 2018

QT 11 Jan 18, John 14:30, Satan no longer has any claim on those who believe in Jesus

Wk
Date
Passage
Key Verses(s) [Optional]
Basic Thing(s) Taught
Personal Insight(s) & Application(s)
Prayer Response
14
 1/11
John 14:25-31
John 14:30 (ESV) —
30 I will no longer talk much with you, for the ruler of this world is coming. He has no claim on me,
The ruler of this world had no claim on Jesus. He does have a claim on us because we rebelled against God's rule. In a sense, we are part of his family, his domain, not Gods, until we repent and believe.
Jesus chose to undergo death for us. There was no legal requirement for his death, as we have. In a sense, since that day, there is no longer any legal requirement for our death. God has chosen to let us die, the result of sin's impact on the body. But technically, the real reason for death is sin, not decay. Someday, this earthly body will be changed into a heavenly body, and we will no longer struggle with sin.
Father, thank you for my new status in your family. Death will come, but it is death for my body, not for my soul. Death has no hold on me. Satan has no claim on me. I am yours now, a child of God. Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment