Notice on a slight format change:

Except for July 2012, these are mostly a collection of current devotional notes.

July 2012 is a re-write of old quiet times. My second child was born Nov 11, 1987 with multiple birth defects. I've been re-reading my QT notes from that time in my life, and have included them here. They cover the time before the birth and the few years immediately after the birth. They are tagged "historical." I added new insights and labeled them: ((TODAY, dd mmm yy)).

Monday, January 22, 2018

QT 22 Jan 18, John 14:1-3, We need a new home, this world is becoming less and less of a home

Wk
Date
Passage
Key Verses(s) [Optional]
Basic Thing(s) Taught
Personal Insight(s) & Application(s)
Prayer Response
15
 1/22
John 14:1-14
John 14:1–3 (ESV) —
1 “Let not your hearts be troubled. Believe in God; believe also in me. 2 In my Father’s house are many rooms. If it were not so, would I have told you that I go to prepare a place for you? 3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and will take you to myself, that where I am you may be also.
This is the Jewish wedding motif. The son goes to prepare a place for the bride. He will come again to take the bride to the place he has prepared. Jesus was very firm on this point. If he goes to prepare a place, he will come again to take him to that place.
Jesus' words are clear and they cannot be dismissed. He has none of the characteristics of a madman or a liar. He always spoke the truth. His resurrection proves that everything he said was true. He will come again. He will take us to him. He is worthy of our allegiance and worship.
Lord, I believe that someday you will return and take us away from what is rapidly becoming a hell-hole of evil thoughts and ideas. We are tossing logic and wisdom away for feelings, experiences, and cute sayings. We no longer think. We no longer obey your word. Oh God, have mercy on us I pray.

No comments:

Post a Comment