Notice on a slight format change:

Except for July 2012, these are mostly a collection of current devotional notes.

July 2012 is a re-write of old quiet times. My second child was born Nov 11, 1987 with multiple birth defects. I've been re-reading my QT notes from that time in my life, and have included them here. They cover the time before the birth and the few years immediately after the birth. They are tagged "historical." I added new insights and labeled them: ((TODAY, dd mmm yy)).

Wednesday, January 24, 2018

QT 24 Jan 18, Rev 1:7, A Time of Wailing is Coming upon the Earth

Wk
Date
Passage
Key Verses(s) [Optional]
Basic Thing(s) Taught
Personal Insight(s) & Application(s)
Prayer Response
15
 1/24
Rev 1:1-8
Revelation 1:7 (ESV) — Behold, he is coming with the clouds, and every eye will see him, even those who pierced him, and all tribes of the earth will wail on account of him. Even so. Amen.
There are two major points in this verse. The first is that every eye will see him. The reference to "even those who pierced him" is obviously not dead people from the first century, but rather people who don't believe him, and have crucified him in their hearts. The second point is that people will wail. The second coming is a time of tears, great fear, and judgment.
Jesus' return is a serious thing. And while it probably won't affect me personally, it may affect friends, family, and co-workers of mine. I must not shrink back in my defense of the gospel or my acknowledgment of the end times. It may be the factor that saves someone in the future.
Father, thank you that as a believer we are not destined to wrath. We will be fetched and saved from this time of wailing. Lord give me strength and courage to stand up to what is right and to share your message with courage.

No comments:

Post a Comment