Notice on a slight format change:

Except for July 2012, these are mostly a collection of current devotional notes.

July 2012 is a re-write of old quiet times. My second child was born Nov 11, 1987 with multiple birth defects. I've been re-reading my QT notes from that time in my life, and have included them here. They cover the time before the birth and the few years immediately after the birth. They are tagged "historical." I added new insights and labeled them: ((TODAY, dd mmm yy)).

Wednesday, January 3, 2018

QT 3 Jan 18, Col 1:13, You are either in the domain of darkness or the kingdom of Jesus Christ

Wk
Date
Passage
Key Verses(s) [Optional]
Basic Thing(s) Taught
Personal Insight(s) & Application(s)
Prayer Response
13
 1/3
Col 1:9-18
Colossians 1:13 (ESV) — 13 He has delivered us from the domain of darkness and transferred us to the kingdom of his beloved Son,
We are not children of God but rather God's creation who are part of the domain of darkness. Domain means that another authority owns us. So we are no longer God's possession, but darkness' possession.
But God through his Son delivers us from the domain of darkness. He nullifies the ownership of Satan, and he transfers us to the kingdom of his son. In other passage, it says that we are adopted. And so now we truly are children of God. I don't know why I am so focused on this truth that not everyone is a child of God, but only those who put their faith in Jesus Christ, but I hear it a lot, and I don't think it is well understood.
Father, thank you again that I am a part of the family of God. It is not because of creation, but it is based on Jesus' work on the cross.

No comments:

Post a Comment