Notice on a slight format change:

Except for July 2012, these are mostly a collection of current devotional notes.

July 2012 is a re-write of old quiet times. My second child was born Nov 11, 1987 with multiple birth defects. I've been re-reading my QT notes from that time in my life, and have included them here. They cover the time before the birth and the few years immediately after the birth. They are tagged "historical." I added new insights and labeled them: ((TODAY, dd mmm yy)).

Wednesday, January 31, 2018

QT 31 Jan 18, Matt 17:5-6, Our God is an awesome God


Wk
Date
Passage
Key Verses(s) [Optional]
Basic Thing(s) Taught
Personal Insight(s) & Application(s)
Prayer Response
15
 1/31
Matt 17:1-7
Matthew 17:5–6 (ESV) — 5 He was still speaking when, behold, a bright cloud overshadowed them, and a voice from the cloud said, “This is my beloved Son, with whom I am well pleased; listen to him.” 6 When the disciples heard this, they fell on their faces and were terrified.
In this passage, we see proof of the distinction in persons between the Father and the Son. Jesus is not just a son, but has special significance, "my beloved Son," special status, "with whom I am well pleased," and special instructions, "listen to him."
The disciples were terrified when they heard the Father speak. It is hard to imagine a voice so loud, authoritative, and terrifying, that it drives a person to the ground just by the sound. It also highlights another difference, at least in the ministry of the Son in his first coming, he was gentle, like a lamb.
Father, thank you for sending the Son to save me. Thank you Jesus for giving yourself for my sins. Thank you Holy Spirit for changing me, and also reminding me of how much I have been given. I want to say "in debt," but my debt is completely paid for by Jesus. I owe nothing. But I do owe my worship and thankfulness. That is only right.

No comments:

Post a Comment