Notice on a slight format change:

Except for July 2012, these are mostly a collection of current devotional notes.

July 2012 is a re-write of old quiet times. My second child was born Nov 11, 1987 with multiple birth defects. I've been re-reading my QT notes from that time in my life, and have included them here. They cover the time before the birth and the few years immediately after the birth. They are tagged "historical." I added new insights and labeled them: ((TODAY, dd mmm yy)).

Thursday, April 12, 2018

QT 12 Apr 18, Gen 37:15-17, God will bring good out of evil, but it may take years to see the good


Wk
Date
Passage
Key Verses(s) [Optional]
Basic Thing(s) Taught
Personal Insight(s) & Application(s)
Prayer Response
22
 4/12
Gen 37:1-24
Genesis 37:15–17 (ESV) — 15 And a man found him wandering in the fields. And the man asked him, “What are you seeking?” 16 “I am seeking my brothers,” he said. “Tell me, please, where they are pasturing the flock.” 17 And the man said, “They have gone away, for I heard them say, ‘Let us go to Dothan.’ ” So Joseph went after his brothers and found them at Dothan.
Joseph met a man, unnamed, as he wandered in the fields. The man coincidentally had heard them say where they were going. Without that information, Joseph might never had been sold into slavery. God could have intervened, but he didn't.
The brothers acted immorally toward Joseph. They committed a sin by selling him, and then lying to his father. Usually when a sin is needed to cover up the act, that is a strong signal that the act was wrong. God allowed all of this to happen. God knew the final outcome. God knew how to bring good out of this evil thing (Rom 1:28), All the time, God is working good, even though the pain would last for years.
Father, help me to listen to you. Help me to see you working in my own life. I do not want to justify sin. I want to do the right thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment