Notice on a slight format change:

Except for July 2012, these are mostly a collection of current devotional notes.

July 2012 is a re-write of old quiet times. My second child was born Nov 11, 1987 with multiple birth defects. I've been re-reading my QT notes from that time in my life, and have included them here. They cover the time before the birth and the few years immediately after the birth. They are tagged "historical." I added new insights and labeled them: ((TODAY, dd mmm yy)).

Monday, April 23, 2018

QT 23 Apr 18, Gen 50:20, We are not all his children and he only works for good for his children


Wk
Date
Passage
Key Verses(s) [Optional]
Basic Thing(s) Taught
Personal Insight(s) & Application(s)
Prayer Response
22
 4/23
Gen 50:14-21
Genesis 50:20 (ESV) — 20 As for you, you meant evil against me, but God meant it for good, to bring it about that many people should be kept alive, as they are today.
This is one of the best illustrations of Rom 8:28. God does not cause evil, but he sees it (he foreknows it), and he works to bring good out of it for his children.
We are not all God's children. We are all his creation, although few acknowledge that choosing to believe they are the product of random occurrences of nature. But, the only ones who are God's children are those whom he has adopted into his family, those who have believed in his Son, Jesus Christ. They are the only ones who are part of the family of God today.
Father, I thank you that I am a part of the family of God. I was bought, redeemed by the blood of the lamb. As the song continues, I am a joint heir with Jesus. Thank you for my sonship. I know I am undeserving on my own, and I know that the blood of Jesus has purchased this indescribable gift.

No comments:

Post a Comment