Notice on a slight format change:

Except for July 2012, these are mostly a collection of current devotional notes.

July 2012 is a re-write of old quiet times. My second child was born Nov 11, 1987 with multiple birth defects. I've been re-reading my QT notes from that time in my life, and have included them here. They cover the time before the birth and the few years immediately after the birth. They are tagged "historical." I added new insights and labeled them: ((TODAY, dd mmm yy)).

Thursday, April 5, 2018

QT 5 Apr 18, Isa 6:1, No matter how bleak the world seems, God is still on the throne


Wk
Date
Passage
Key Verses(s) [Optional]
Basic Thing(s) Taught
Personal Insight(s) & Application(s)
Prayer Response
21
 4/5
Isa 6:1-6
Isaiah 6:1 (ESV) — In the year that King Uzziah died I saw the Lord sitting upon a throne, high and lifted up; and the train of his robe filled the temple.
In the year King Uzziah died, Isaiah saw the Lord. This is not an attempt to place an event chronologically, although it does that. These two distinct events are place here on purpose. The King died, but God still reigns.
It is easy to get discouraged when a great leader leaves or retires or goes home to the Lord. But God is still in charge. And while he may not intentionally direct people, he can work all things for good for his children (Rom 8:28). We need not be discouraged at leadership changes. God is still on the throne.
Thank you Lord that I need not be discouraged by world events or even the events in my own country. You are still on your throne, high and lifted up. Your train, which fills the temple, signifies that you are above all else in the universe. I need to trust in you and not in my feeble attempts to decipher life.

No comments:

Post a Comment