Notice on a slight format change:

Except for July 2012, these are mostly a collection of current devotional notes.

July 2012 is a re-write of old quiet times. My second child was born Nov 11, 1987 with multiple birth defects. I've been re-reading my QT notes from that time in my life, and have included them here. They cover the time before the birth and the few years immediately after the birth. They are tagged "historical." I added new insights and labeled them: ((TODAY, dd mmm yy)).

Thursday, April 26, 2018

QT 26 Apr 18, Isa 45;7, God is sovereign over all things, even calamity


Wk
Date
Passage
Key Verses(s) [Optional]
Basic Thing(s) Taught
Personal Insight(s) & Application(s)
Prayer Response
23
 4/26
Isa 45:1-8
Isaiah 45:7 (ESV) — I form light and create darkness; // I make well-being and create calamity; // I am the Lord, who does all these things.
God is in charge, he brings all events to pass.
But God doesn't create evil or do evil. So when God says he creates calamity, we know that he has the authority to intervene but chooses not so, allowing the calamity to continue, and so in turn, becoming the author (the highest authority). For the believer, he works all things (including calamity) for good. But God does not sin against us. Nor does is rule over God's authority.
Father, thank you that you do see all things and you bring good out of it for the believer. I know I need to trust. I suppose I worry at times that I need some sort of calamity to cause me to seek you even more. Lord, I pray I would never take you for granted.

No comments:

Post a Comment