Notice on a slight format change:

Except for July 2012, these are mostly a collection of current devotional notes.

July 2012 is a re-write of old quiet times. My second child was born Nov 11, 1987 with multiple birth defects. I've been re-reading my QT notes from that time in my life, and have included them here. They cover the time before the birth and the few years immediately after the birth. They are tagged "historical." I added new insights and labeled them: ((TODAY, dd mmm yy)).

Tuesday, December 11, 2018

QT 11 Dec 18, 2 Cor 2:10-11, A design of Satan is that you never forgive certain people


2 Corinthians 2:10–11 (ESV) — 10 Anyone whom you forgive, I also forgive. Indeed, what I have forgiven, if I have forgiven anything, has been for your sake in the presence of Christ, 11 so that we would not be outwitted by Satan; for we are not ignorant of his designs.

NOTE: What is one of Satan's designs that is referred to in this passage? Design means a mental perception or an evil purpose. I think the particular design is to get believers in the church to not forgive. To keep them so angry that they do not even want to consider forgiveness as an option. The idea is that the sin is so great, it can never be forgiven. But that thought is antithetical to the very death of Jesus who forgave us of every sin we have ever or will ever commit. He paid the full price. There is no sin too great that Jesus' death could not pay. So when we refuse to forgive another, we devalue what Jesus did for us. We are told to forgive as he forgave us. No sin is too great or too hurtful. We need to forgive and we need to ask God to remove our anger and we need to ask God to help us love the person who hurt us so badly.

PRAYER: Father, this is very hard. I can't think of anyone I hate or have not forgiven, but there are certainly people I do not like and I do not enjoy being around. Forgive me Lord for such a terrible attitude toward others. I can think of one person in particular who I can never say anything nice. Give me a love for that person and a tender heart. Help me to show love to the person. Help me to not talk about that person behind their back.

No comments:

Post a Comment