Notice on a slight format change:

Except for July 2012, these are mostly a collection of current devotional notes.

July 2012 is a re-write of old quiet times. My second child was born Nov 11, 1987 with multiple birth defects. I've been re-reading my QT notes from that time in my life, and have included them here. They cover the time before the birth and the few years immediately after the birth. They are tagged "historical." I added new insights and labeled them: ((TODAY, dd mmm yy)).

Thursday, December 13, 2018

QT 13 Dec 18, 2 Cor 3:3, It's not the ten commandments, it's a changed heart that the world needs to see


2 Corinthians 3:3 (ESV) — And you show that you are a letter from Christ delivered by us, written not with ink but with the Spirit of the living God, not on tablets of stone but on tablets of human hearts.

NOTE: The tablets of stone are a reference to the ten commandments. Paul dismisses the importance of them here, rather he emphasizes the changed human heart. What God has done in your heart is of far more importance than the ten commandments and can have so much more impact than the ten commandments on changing the world around you.  Our goal is not to follow the ten commandments, our goal is to follow a changed heart, indwelt by the Holy Spirit, that expresses love and seeks an ever deepening relationship with Jesus Christ. That is what we also want to see happen in the people to whom we minister -- changed lives caused by a change in heart. That is the letter we all want to write.

PRAYER: Father forgive me for my attention at times to rules. My focus needs to be on Jesus, who is supreme in all things. My life needs to witness a love for you and for my neighbor. That type of witness is what the world needs to see.

No comments:

Post a Comment