Notice on a slight format change:

Except for July 2012, these are mostly a collection of current devotional notes.

July 2012 is a re-write of old quiet times. My second child was born Nov 11, 1987 with multiple birth defects. I've been re-reading my QT notes from that time in my life, and have included them here. They cover the time before the birth and the few years immediately after the birth. They are tagged "historical." I added new insights and labeled them: ((TODAY, dd mmm yy)).

Thursday, May 16, 2019

QT 16 May 19, Phil 17-18, Loving first


Philemon 17–18 (ESV) — 17 So if you consider me your partner, receive him as you would receive me. 18 If he has wronged you at all, or owes you anything, charge that to my account.

NOTE: Paul displayed the Christian attitude to loss, anger, and misunderstanding. He took it upon himself. He was not in the wrong, but he was willing to bear the burden of the wrong. It did not matter who paid the loss. It was just money. It was just an internal sense of right and wrong that isn't even always biblical. The bigger issue was healing hurts and reconciling people. I find it is a lot easier to assume the fault to rectify a relationship than to get the other person to admit their error. So what? God will reveal it to them in time. It is not my job to play junior Holy Spirit. Now if it is a regular pattern, I may need to reevaluate that position. But God says, it is His to judge and to repay a person for their actions.

PRAYER: Father, help me to let go of hurts quickly. Help me to love others independently of how they might act. My job is to love first. Work in all of our lives to change us and to make us more like Jesus Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment