Notice on a slight format change:

Except for July 2012, these are mostly a collection of current devotional notes.

July 2012 is a re-write of old quiet times. My second child was born Nov 11, 1987 with multiple birth defects. I've been re-reading my QT notes from that time in my life, and have included them here. They cover the time before the birth and the few years immediately after the birth. They are tagged "historical." I added new insights and labeled them: ((TODAY, dd mmm yy)).

Tuesday, May 7, 2019

QT 7 May 19, Jude 23-24, Someday -- I will be blameless


Jude 24–25 (ESV) — 24 Now to him who is able to keep you from stumbling and to present you blameless before the presence of his glory with great joy, 25 to the only God, our Savior, through Jesus Christ our Lord, be glory, majesty, dominion, and authority, before all time and now and forever. Amen.

NOTE: He is able to keep me from stumbling and my part is to turn to him and seek him. Needless to say, I fail at the latter far too often. There is a combination of effort and grace in walking with God. Some might call that heresy, but it is true. We need to work out our salvation. We need like Paul, to work harder than everyone else. We need to put on the armor of God. We need to take off our sinful habits, replacing them with godly behavior. We need to pray and meet with God in his word every day. And as we take these steps, as we put effort into our walk with God, God provides grace. Both are true. God changes us, and we work to see change happen. Failure is doing it all in our strength and failure is believing God will do everything.

PRAYER: Father, I'm far more comfortable living in this reality then either of the other two extremes. I will fail. I will struggle all my life. But by your grace, something beautiful will emerge.

No comments:

Post a Comment