Notice on a slight format change:

Except for July 2012, these are mostly a collection of current devotional notes.

July 2012 is a re-write of old quiet times. My second child was born Nov 11, 1987 with multiple birth defects. I've been re-reading my QT notes from that time in my life, and have included them here. They cover the time before the birth and the few years immediately after the birth. They are tagged "historical." I added new insights and labeled them: ((TODAY, dd mmm yy)).

Monday, May 27, 2019

QT 27 May 19, Gen 15:12,18, The unconditional land covenant that gives Israel the land between the Nile and the Euphrates


Genesis 15:12 (ESV) — As the sun was going down, a deep sleep fell on Abram. And behold, dreadful and great darkness fell upon him.
Genesis 15:18 (ESV) — On that day the Lord made a covenant with Abram, saying, “To your offspring I give this land, from the river of Egypt to the great river, the river Euphrates,

NOTE: This is really the best of agreements--Abram is asleep as God cuts the contract. God places the burden for fulfillment completely upon himself. It is unconditional. The land is Israel's. It is not the churches or to be dismissed in some metaphorical sense as some reformed theologians do. This is Israel's land because of God's contract with Abram and his descendants (represented in Abram). And he will fulfill it just as he promised. Even now it is not fulfilled as it is intended to be the land from the Nile to the Euphrates, and that has only happened for a short time during David's reign. It matters not who lives there now. God has given the land to Israel and it is theirs. In the millennial kingdom when Christ rules on the earth, the promise will be completely fulfilled.

PRAYER: Father, I thank you that I am a part of the church, an entity made of Jews and Gentiles who have believed in Jesus. We are not Israel and you are not finished with Israel. I am part of the body of Christ and I am part of the bride of Christ. I have a special place in your kingdom. Thank you for the gift of salvation that has secured such a wonderful future for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment