Notice on a slight format change:

Except for July 2012, these are mostly a collection of current devotional notes.

July 2012 is a re-write of old quiet times. My second child was born Nov 11, 1987 with multiple birth defects. I've been re-reading my QT notes from that time in my life, and have included them here. They cover the time before the birth and the few years immediately after the birth. They are tagged "historical." I added new insights and labeled them: ((TODAY, dd mmm yy)).

Thursday, May 2, 2019

QT 2 May 19, Jude 22, We are so impudent in our non-understanding


Jude 22 (ESV) — 22 And have mercy on those who doubt;

NOTE: In one sense, I do this well, but in another sense, I am quite poor at it. I feel a lot of sympathy and mercy to those who are being bombarded by the world and its worldview. And I feel it is my job to dispel the false conclusions of the world and the myths that it creates in its attempt to destroy the word of God or people who believe in the God of the bible (the only true God). But when it comes to teachers who doubt, I am not merciful. I distaste teachers who breed doubt because they add their own human understanding into their teaching. In my mind, these are false teachers. I realize that not everything can be known and understood. But there are certainly better explanations than to question the authority of the scriptures. My rule is that the bible is true, so therefore how do I understand this truth in light of other biblical evidence and outside evidence. It will fit together, although not always in my feeble, less than one cubic foot, brain. God is infinite in his knowledge and understanding. The fact that I might not understand something that he understands should not at all be surprisingly. And my knowledge or even the cumulative knowledge of the world is not enough to find God at fault.

PRAYER: Father, forgive us for our impudence. We are so stupid despite being so cocky and arrogant. Have mercy on us. Open the eyes of our believing teachers to dig deeper into you word. I pray they would reverence your word.  Your word is truth, absolute truth.

No comments:

Post a Comment