Notice on a slight format change:

Except for July 2012, these are mostly a collection of current devotional notes.

July 2012 is a re-write of old quiet times. My second child was born Nov 11, 1987 with multiple birth defects. I've been re-reading my QT notes from that time in my life, and have included them here. They cover the time before the birth and the few years immediately after the birth. They are tagged "historical." I added new insights and labeled them: ((TODAY, dd mmm yy)).

Wednesday, June 26, 2019

QT 26 Jun 19, 2 Chron 24:24, I need God always


2 Chronicles 24:24 (ESV) — 24 Though the army of the Syrians had come with few men, the Lord delivered into their hand a very great army, because Judah had forsaken the Lord, the God of their fathers. Thus they executed judgment on Joash.

NOTE: It is natural to seek God when we are overwhelmed. When the crises are small, we tend to handle them on our own -- I'm not saying that is right, but that is how most people respond. What we don't realize is that when we are living in disobedience to the will of God, even the small crises will not be within our power to handle. We are not in control of the events of our lives, we only think we are. God is sovereign, and while he does not intervene as often as most people think he does, there is nothing that happens that has not been allowed by him. But if we seek him, he will bring good out of every situation (Rom 8:28). But be forewarned: what we think is good and what God knows is good are most often two entirely different things.

PRAYER: Father, help me to be obedient, and to give to you all the things / events / crises of my life. I need your help in everything, even the things I might think I can do by myself. I need you. That is the bottom line, I just need you.

No comments:

Post a Comment