Notice on a slight format change:

Except for July 2012, these are mostly a collection of current devotional notes.

July 2012 is a re-write of old quiet times. My second child was born Nov 11, 1987 with multiple birth defects. I've been re-reading my QT notes from that time in my life, and have included them here. They cover the time before the birth and the few years immediately after the birth. They are tagged "historical." I added new insights and labeled them: ((TODAY, dd mmm yy)).

Tuesday, March 17, 2020

QT 17 Mar 2020, 1 Tim 2:1-2, Peace that surpasses understanding


1 Timothy 2:1–2 (ESV) — 1 First of all, then, I urge that supplications, prayers, intercessions, and thanksgivings be made for all people, 2 for kings and all who are in high positions, that we may lead a peaceful and quiet life, godly and dignified in every way.

NOTE: I'm listening to a video from work on "meditation." And there is much to say about slowing down, breathing, and taking a few moments to gather your thoughts. These are not bad things, but really prayer beats them all. Peter writes to "cast all your anxieties on him" and Paul writes "Have no anxiety … but by prayer … make your requests known to God, and the peace of God which surpasses understanding will keep your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus." Real peace comes two ways, first, in a relationship with God that is only available by belief in the Lord Jesus Christ -- his dying on the cross for our sins. And secondly, peace comes by prayer to those who know the Lord Jesus.

PRAYER: Thank you Lord for the peace I have in Jesus. I do not need to worry. I can be a witness to others in this time of fear. Give me a strong and calm presence.

No comments:

Post a Comment