Notice on a slight format change:

Except for July 2012, these are mostly a collection of current devotional notes.

July 2012 is a re-write of old quiet times. My second child was born Nov 11, 1987 with multiple birth defects. I've been re-reading my QT notes from that time in my life, and have included them here. They cover the time before the birth and the few years immediately after the birth. They are tagged "historical." I added new insights and labeled them: ((TODAY, dd mmm yy)).

Monday, May 25, 2020

QT 25 May 2020, 1 Tim 5:24-25, Humility--serving God not self


1 Timothy 5:24–25 (ESV) — 24 The sins of some people are conspicuous, going before them to judgment, but the sins of others appear later. 25 So also good works are conspicuous, and even those that are not cannot remain hidden.

NOTE: I could also entitle these two verses, "nothing remains hidden." Good works and evil works will be exposed. The one we try to hide and the other we want people to know. But really, we should put off our sins (evil works) and put on (good works). And we should do good works not to be seen. We serve God not people and he will exalt us at the right time. We need to be humble and we need to be a servant to all. We really don't win when we show up another with our accomplishments.  We lose. This is an area of weakness for me, but I do see God changing me and helping me to be quiet and listen to others, and not have to share about myself or my opinion.

PRAYER: Father, help me to grow in this grace of forgotten-ness. I don't need to be seen or acknowledged. I just need to serve you. Forgive me for my failures and my weaknesses. Give me the grace and strength to do the right thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment