Notice on a slight format change:

Except for July 2012, these are mostly a collection of current devotional notes.

July 2012 is a re-write of old quiet times. My second child was born Nov 11, 1987 with multiple birth defects. I've been re-reading my QT notes from that time in my life, and have included them here. They cover the time before the birth and the few years immediately after the birth. They are tagged "historical." I added new insights and labeled them: ((TODAY, dd mmm yy)).

Wednesday, May 6, 2020

QT 6 May 2020, 1 Tim 4:10, Believing in the one hope of all people


1 Timothy 4:10 (ESV) — For to this end we toil and strive, because we have our hope set on the living God, who is the Savior of all people, especially of those who believe.

NOTE: I like Constable's take on this verse:
"God is the Savior of all in the sense that He has provided a salvation that is available to all. He is the Savior of believers in a special sense since they are those who have accepted His provision of salvation. Salvation is sufficient for all but efficient only for those who believe." (2003)
This fits with my own view of Jesus' death. He paid for the sins of the whole world on the cross, but men are still guilty because they refuse to believe in Him. I am convinced that we have free will to choose or deny the Savior. I believe God knows all who will choose (elect) him as their savior. And I believe that I can't understand the depth, wisdom, and knowledge of God. He is far above me and to think I can understand him is an arrogance and foolishness that ruins our witness.

PRAYER: Father, protect me from pride of knowledge. I know so little. Others know much too. Give me a spirit to listen and learn. Protect me from my own pride.

No comments:

Post a Comment